Friday 22 May 2009

Jay Leno: "I don't own any suits of my own"


Jay Leno might have to find a new desk and chair when he leaves the Tonight Show next Friday for his upcoming weeknight comedy hour in the fall, but one worry he won't have is what to wear. "That's been the best part of my job – I haven't been in a store in 17 years," Leno, 59, tells PEOPLE. "I don't own any suits of my own. Before the show, my clothes are laid out for me – the suit, shirt, tie, even the shoes. I put them on and walk out on stage." And when the Jay Leno Show premieres on NBC later this year, the comedian's performing wardrobe goes with him. But when he's not in front of an audience, Leno makes a different kind of fashion statement – wearing the same uniform he's worn for at least two decades: blue jeans, blue work shirt, black lace-up work boots. Asked about any plans to change-up his style for the new gig, the famously low-maintenance Leno shrugs. "Nah. I'm not a big fan of change. What works, we keep." So how many of those jeans, shirts, and boots does he have hanging at home in the closet? "I'll say, 'Get me 50 of these shirts. Twenty-five of these pants.'" Fifty of the exact same shirts? "Oh, no, not 50," says Leno, "I've probably got 500 of these shirts." And the shoes? "Payless!" says Leno, lifting one booted foot. "Fourteen bucks. I buy 'em by the case."
source:People

No comments:

Post a Comment